LOS ANGELES PHOTO GALLERY
WATER and RESERVOIR
Sylmar Cascades Aqueduct est. 1913 by William Mulholland to bring water from the Owens Valley to Los Angeles.
The Echo Park Lake
was formed as water reservoir Nº 4 by the Los Angeles Canal & Reservoir Company in 1868.
Silver Lake open-air reservoir est. 1906 by Commissioner Herman Silver to import water from the Owens Valley to the City of Los Angeles.
At Los Feliz Boulevard + Riverside Drive William Mulholland
Memorial Fountain 1940 designed by Walter S. Clayberg: To William Mulholland (1855 -1935) a penniless Irish immigrant boy who rose by the force of his industry, intelligence, integrity and intrepidity to be a sturdy American citizen, a self-educated engineering genius, a whole-hearted humanitarian, father of this city's water system, and the builder of the Los Angeles aqueduct and many other water related structures in California.
Echo Park Deep Pool
and aquatic complex 2008 by architect Frank R. Webb at 1419 Colton Street in Los Angeles
Hansen Flood Control Dam
built 1939 by the Los Angeles District Corps of Engineers at 11770 Foothill Boulevard in the Valley. Named after Homer A. Hansen (1872 -1960).
reservoir 1923 by Chief Engineer William Mulholland holds 2,500,000,000 gallons of water and some ducks.
Los Angeles River
flood during the 2003 rain season as seen from a bridge near Griffith Park.
General Douglas MacArthur Recreation Park est. 1896 at Wilshire Boulevard + Alvarado Street in the Westlake are of Los Angeles
recreation area in Southern California. Boating, Fishing, Picnicking at Los Padres National Forest.
Tujunga Wash and Hansen Dam Park
Golf Course Pacoima.
The man-made Venice Canals
are flodded since 1905 and are the main attraction of Abbot Kinney's Venice of America
Downtown Los Angeles Water Conservation Garden
with low water-consuming local plants at the Ferraro Building.
Civic Center esplanade gardens with Arthur J. Will Fountain at the El Paseo de los Pobladores de Los Angeles Public ParkArthur J. Will was L.A. County chief administrative officer 1951 to 1957